Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rose day


                                          Rose day( Oil: 8.5 x 8.5 inches)
                                                 sold


I wanted to hone my craft for floral still life in oil. It was started a week ago with refresh painting experiment. Several floral paintings done on arches oil papers.  At first oil paper is kind of stiff and too hard to move brush stroke but getting easy to use. While painting, I found out my own tech. At first stage, I use gamsol to thin out the paint and prepare under painting, which is like watercolor feature. Once, overall placement and composition is defined, I roughly  make contour sketch to put each element on its place with small brush. Moving forward  I hope my work revolve into quality level up and exit out of ordinary. I have to keep my brush wet first to fulfill wish list.  More happy painting.